Welcome to the weekend! I have another installment for my “Found Items” feature. For this week I selected “Roman Holiday.” I first stumbled upon this movie while I was look at Gregory Peck’s IMDB profile (this was almost a daily thing, it was my G. Peck phase). Also, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Audrey Hepburn was also starring in the movie. And it’s been one of my favorites since then.
‘Tis a tale of the British Princess Ann (Audrey Hepburn) on a visit to Italy, where she decides to leave the British Embassy and venture into Italy’s urban life. While wandering the streets (under sleeping medicine!) she literally falls into the laps of Joe Bradley (Gregory Peck), an American news reporter. When Joe realizes that he is housing a royal celebrity in his own apartment, their Roman adventure begins.
1. A Brand New Vespa (link) – Have your own little adventure on this modern scooter. I wish I could get one myself but I’m almost positive that they’re pricey. On the other hand, with gas prices rising, a Vespa will surely save you some dough in the long run.
2. Spy Camera Lighter (link) – Joe Bradley’s photographer friend, Irving, carries around a nifty little camera lighter similar to this one to secretly capture photos of Princess Ann for the newspaper. I imagine this would be a neat little camera to have around to snap those “Dang! I wish I had a camera” moments.
3. The Outfit (link) – In the movie, Audrey Hepburn leaves the embassy wearing a long-sleeve button top with a flowy full skirt. Later, she rolls up her sleeves and adds a cute little scarf to create the perfect ensemble for a one-day Rome escapade. I think that Louis Vuitton’s 2011 Fall/Winter Collection has some classic pieces that fit the bill. Also, I really love the blue tones on the full skirt.
4. Raza Dolce Sparkling Wine (link) – This bubbly beverage is sooo good! If you’re a fan of sweet and light wines this is the perfect drink for you. What’s also neat is that the synthetic cork is purple!
5. Homemade Strawberry Mint Gelato (link) – Princess Ann cools off with the traditional Italian ice cream. The recipe I linked is surprisingly easy. So, when you’re in need to a summer treat, gelato might be the answer to your sweet cravings.
Well, that concludes this “Found Item” Feature (sad day, I know). If you want to check out the other movies that I have featured click here.
When you have the time, be sure to pick up “Roman Holiday.” It’s a fun, light-hearted movie with great onscreen chemistry between Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.
So, have you seen “Roman Holiday”? What are your favorite Audrey Hepburn or Gregory Peck flicks?
Fonts used: Didot and Gabriola